PAGE 2; A Finished Woman's P.O.V.

 The Actual Plot twist? Love doesn't lie and I am a finished woman.

I did a thing and told him I loved him but he couldn't believe me because I was hardly ever serious. The Plot twist? I really love him or do I?

Does a person's smile light up your room?

Does a person's voice sound like splashing waves to you? 

Does a person's face mean the whole world to you?

You don't have answers for me ke? I thought you would tell me that it's love because His smile, His voice and His face...the best killer combo on God's beautiful earth.

I can't place a name to it, I just know I get lost in his eyes and can't utter a single word correctly whenever he's in my vicinity. Someone please scream 'That is love!', feed my delusion and assure me that I'm in love with this man! I'm beginning to doubt myself.

You don't have answers for me ke? 
I thought you would tell me that it's love

But wait! Am I capable of loving? I know I am head over heels for this man but can I let go of my heart to him? Does he even love me? Does he think of me the way I think of him? Does he see me the way I see him?

Oh no! My heart is beating too fast. He's here! He's here!! He's here!!! I can't contain my excitement. Hard girl but I am smiling like child on Christmas morning.

"Abídèmí" he called my name and I couldn't scream out loud! 100% composure. "Hey. Fancy seeing you here." I managed to reply even though I had to think of the words I wanted to say. "Yeah, you know High School reunions aren't my thing." He replied making eye contact with me. 'Abídèmí! Stop hyperventilating!' my brain forgot how to breathe for a second. "So why are you here?" Composure? Scratch that, Composure was out the window already. "I came because of you." He smiled revealing his well defined teeth. "Because of me?" My mind was in a frenzy and I couldn't wrap my head around it. 'He came because of me?' Abídèmí keep calm, it's just him. "Yeah. I came because I couldn't stop thinking about you." He replied as he held my gaze. Even where I sat, I felt my legs give way under me. 'What had changed in the space of 5 years?' I asked myself. We left high school 6 years ago and lucky for me I had found myself in the same tertiary institution as him, we weren't course mates but we were in the same faculty. We met during the first year shared courses and I realized that I was head over heels for this man. AK as we fondly called him right from JSS 1 class grew up into one of the finest men I ever came across; he was no longer that nerdy looking kid I met outside the dinning hall in secondary school and this made me think I could confess my new found feelings to him so easily, I mean we've known each other since we were ten. What could possibly go wrong.

"Akinadé!" I called out to him as he was stepping out of the lecture hall; this was five years ago don't think I carried you trabaye. So back to the past; He turned in my direction and walked towards me. "Abídèmí. How are you doing today?" He was one of the few people that called me by my full name unlike the world that preferred Bídèmí. "I am doing great. Physics class isn't as bad as it used to be." Something tacky to keep the conversation going. "Yeah. So was there something you wanted to tell me?" He asked me hitting the nail on the head. "Yeah. I like you." My mouth spoke before my brain could tell it to. "I mean I've liked you since we were pre-teens in secondary school. I never had the chance to tell you..." "I don't like you." Akinadé's reply was sharp and curt. The tears filled my eyes and I ran out of the lecture hall.

Five years later, I was sitting across the man whom I tried so hard to forget despite being madly in love with him. "Abídèmí. I lied. I lied to you and I let it fester for too long. I tried to forget you but I just couldn't. The day you told me you liked me in school it was overwhelming because I also liked you since we met outside the dinning hall in secondary school. You had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen that day. I didn't know how to react that day in the lecture hall so I just blurted out something and that something pushed you farther away from me. I am sorry." Akinadé's speech was enough to move my mountains because I was head over heels for this man. We were in our own world despite the reunion going on at that very moment.

I guess I asked you if he loved me like I loved him? Or if he thought about me the way I thought about him? Or if he saw me the way I see him? I found my answers, one look into Akinadé's eyes and I found my answers.

His face didn't just light up my rooms.

His voice didn't just sound like splashing waves.

His face didn't just mean the whole world to me,

He was the answer I was looking for.

The actual plot twist? Love doesn't lie and I am a finished woman.

Abídèmí,

A Finished Woman ❤️



Now I can rest...or not.

I've been on this story for about a week,

I was pestered and pressed to drop it even when it wasn't complete.

But here it is now; Page 2 of the Finished Woman Series 🥳🥳 Yay!!!.

I don't have much to say other than

Arigatou gozaimasu!🤗

And here are the Musical Stories for this read.

Evangeline by Stephen Sanchez

Those Eyes by New West

Nonsense by Sabrina Carpenter.

Auf Wiedersehen❤️

Comments

  1. "He was the answer I was looking for"

    Okay. Okay. Many questions!😳

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely an amazing read. I guess that's the magic of true writing. Once you start, you get hooked till you finish😯

    Excellently done Adétólá. Excellently done👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like where do you get the inspiration for Abidemi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂😂😂.
      I drew it from me. She's me but a more logical and a more reasonable version

      Delete
  4. And Akinade. Sincerely, it seems like I know him😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know him too😂😂😂. He's your typical "I try to run away from what I want" kind of person. I've met men like that so yeah

      Delete
  5. Just read it again. Amazing!
    Just Amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts