MISCONCEPTIONS

He never really thought that a time would come when he could no longer hear her sweet-sounding laughter. 'We'll always be together,' a thought that was more frequent than his breath; he kept reading, no meaning to him not picking up her calls or reciprocating the missed ones. "I haven't heard from Maya these past few days," he asked Jonny as he stared at the latte art on his coffee. "I guess they didn't reach out to you thinking she stopped contacting you, but Maya is dead." The latte tainted the white porcelain tiles of the coffee shop, with the attendants rushing towards their table in haste to stop the brown liquid from spreading or leaving a permanent stain on the shiny tiles. "She texted me two weeks ago; it can't be" his face was pale from shock, and he couldn't tell if he was dreaming or if life was happening. "You never replied, did you?" Jonny asked, staring at him widen his eyes in shock. "She would always be around, or so I thought. I took everything for granted." Maya was supposed to be the woman he eventually wanted to settle down with after his frivolous lifestyle. She was head over heels for him, she was too loyal to him, and she never complained about his standoffish attitude to her. Instead, she smiled at him every time they met. "Your name was last on her lips, and she said something like wanting to be with you before her cancer swallowed her whole."

 

"Could life have been better if we never met?" Isabelle stared at her husband of eight years during their candlelit dinner for the eighth anniversary of their marriage. "What do you mean mi vida?" he asked his wife. "I meant, would the outcome of our relationship be different if we had stayed as childhood friends?" Isabelle twirled the pasta on her plate subconsciously, her husband; Lawrence was who you could tag the perfectionist; he always wanted things done in a particular way, and their marriage of eight years was built on what Lawrence wanted Isabelle to do, never what Isabelle wanted to do. She stopped twirling the food on her plate and pulled a brown envelope from her purse. "Qué es eso, mi amor?" Lawrence asked his wife as she slid the brown envelope towards him; he picked it up and opened it. "Isabelle, what do you mean by this? What did I do to warrant a divorce?" his voice slowly rose in the partly filled restaurant. "Lawrence, they can hear you," Isabelle muttered while gesturing for him to drop his voice levels. "What if they can? What if they can, Isabelle? What did I do wrong?" Lawrence slightly shook his voice. "You missed the point, Lawrence. It is what you didn't do for the kids and me; you seemed like the perfect father and husband, but of what use is a perfect man if he doesn't let his family speak" Isabelle stared calmly but intently into her husband's eyes. "Sign them before next month, and if you want custody rights, then let's meet in court. The little ones would stay with me till then." She spoke quietly before grabbing her bag to leave.


"Svetlana, you can't be serious. She would never do that to me." Dali's eyes were glassy enough already. "Do you ever believe anything I say about her?" Svetlana was also close to tears. "It's always her! You never pay attention to me! And now she stabbed you in the back subtly but cruelly!" Dali barged out of the bathroom stall; she wanted to ask her if it wasn't true; she wanted Cecil to look her in the eye and say Svetlana was lying. "Dali!" Cecil's tiny voice was directed at the girl walking in a frenzy from the bathroom. "You two-timing bitch! I told you that he was mine! I told you that I loved him, but you decided to take him even when you don't love him!" Cecil was taken aback; "I don't understand you. I didn't do anything like that." She was still calm despite Dali's raging fire. "Svetlana saw you! She saw you kissing him!" Dali was already like the Matador's bull at this point. Cecil stood up from her desk and walked towards her best friend; she grabbed Dali's shoulders with her two hands; leaning into her ear, she whispered, "You listened to Svetlana. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you from her." Cecil picked up her bag and walked out of the classroom, never to be seen again, and Svetlana's smile was bright enough to light up the sun.


"Hi! You must be Theresa," Enthusiasm was evident in the statement. "Yes, and you must be Richard. The pictures don't do you justice, I must say." Richard smiled softly before sitting across from the woman he had matched on a dating app over three weeks ago. "You're as beautiful as I imagined in my mind. Well, from your pictures, I figured it out already," he said. "Oh! I'm saying you look a little bit taller in the pictures. I wasn't expecting you to be 5ft. You looked more like a 6ft person from the pictures" Theresa's expression gave up her dissatisfaction. "So you are a little disappointed or what?" he asked her, studying the sour expression on her face. "Why would I be?" she was lying through her teeth. Richard carefully beaconed to the waiter to take their order before turning to face the woman who seemed a little out of her element. "So, your profile says you're a doctor," he asked her while flipping through the menu. "Well, I'll have from number 7 to number 10 on the menu, please. Thank you," she spoke to the waiter before turning to Richard. "I didn't want to come off as unambitious, but I'm not a doctor. I'm a nursing assistant, but being a doctor has a nice ring to it" Theresa was overstepping her boundaries. "Whoa! That's intriguing. I'm a Web developer in real life, so I guess that's a win for us." He didn't know what to say because the woman sitting across from him was everything he avoided in women. "That's nice" The half-baked human was so enthusiastic about nothing but the food the waiter had set on their table. "Well, thank you" his paranoia kicked in, and he planned his quick escape in his head. "Please excuse me for a while; I want to use the restroom." Prison break success!


Hey, my loves!😘💖

It's been a while and well e be things😫

Beauty is everywhere we just have to look inwards to find it.😊🥰

I'm sorry I'm very late but I hope you enjoy this!

Musical Stories for this read

Someone by Fireboy DML

Personal by Zinoleesky

Hammers by Alec Benjamin

The Contortionist by Melanie Martinez

Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus

Misconceptions by Lecrae

I'll see you soon; I know I've said this a million times but I'll try to make it up.😅😘

Bye for now.



Comments

  1. Wow😯 What a read.
    I had to read it twice. Totally captivating.
    Amazing one Adétólá

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts