REPLAY!

 Hi guys welcome back to my YouTube channel!!!

It is from this greeting that you will know that something might be wrong with me or maybe I'm planning to open a YouTube channel na only me sabi that one.

It's been a long time since you...fell in love

And God knows that Doja wasn't lying against you when she sang those lyrics because it has really been a long time for some people. Anyways, how was Christmas and subsequently New Year? I trust that it was good even if you no gree comot for your house it was still good. For me it was overwhelming and fun. I wasn't able to stay with my parents but I think I was comfortable enough where I was, at least I ate rice on Christmas day😌😌. I did some housegirling and some babysitting; children can push you to depression and I finally said it...phew! What a relief😌.

It's 2023 and before I bore you with stories that touch, I want to wish everyone that has followed the Deepsea writer's space since its conception a Happy New Year!!! 🎊🎉. It's been one hell of a ride and I'm grateful to the people that edged me on and the ones that always looked forward to my posts. My consistency game suffered set backs in the past year most especially at the times I was really down and void of inspiration. Sometimes I'll pull up to my creative space and nothing will pop up, it was downright frustrating but I'm grateful I was able to pull through due to the support I received from the people around me and everyone who contributes to the Deepsea writer's space; Thank you Fam💖.

When I started this space, I was scared of what would happen to me eventually or if I could keep up with the pressure of having to carve out something new every time I wanted to post. It felt surreal when I eventually started writing on this space, how would I grow my audience; me that doesn't like it when I receive unprecedented broadcast messages? I can't send broadcast messages to everyone on my contact list because I believe its a little rude not to text someone throughout the year then suddenly you send them a link to repost for you; that's my own take on the matter so do what works for you. I sent to those who would understand if I suddenly sent them links and over time people asked to be added to my broadcast list, I was so happy ehhhnnn. Writing here has been one of the best things that happened to me and I am glad I was able to pull it off.

For me 2022 came with a whole lot and believe me when I say a whole lot. I laughed, even at dry jokes😆😆. I shed hot tears, midnight tears and daytime groans. The pain at some point started to get to me and it got very hard to breathe; I was not in shambles but my mind wasn't always straight. Well I'm not going to say the reason because one human being that is reading this is busy asking why I was crying ekun egbere. Don't forget that I said I laughed. I refuse to be overwhelmed😂😂 because orisirisi happened this year. I started off the year being in love and being at a crucial point in my academic life; it was me that said I wanted to bag B.Sc, the degree did not send me. In partial fulfilment of my degree conditions, I went for a six month Student's Industrial Work Experience Scheme popularly known as SIWES or IT. If you have ever done SIWES, you will know that the battle is not for the strong but for God who shows mercy because your eye fit see shege! Nonetheless, I made amazing friends during my IT and those people are God's blessings for me; they made life exciting throughout my IT period and I'm so grateful for them.

I also appreciated my family more; those people are the absolute best! My parents and my brothers are the best people God blessed me with. They were annoying in some situations but everyday with them was beautiful and extraordinary. I'm so happy that we all made it into 2023.

Okay now for real my Christmas narrative.

Children can make you want to spend all your money on them and they can also make you want to rip your hair out. They are the best dual personality examples that I've come across.

 I spent Christmas with my aunt and her family. An extremely relivable experience excluding the times her kids almost drove me mad. It got to a point, I started keeping them busy with academic activities so that I could snooze a little on days like that. They were  always after my phone password and subsequently my life in a way; my aunt must not catch me slandering her kids😂😂 but na them I suppose dey fear. Don't ask me how am alive just know that I am a survivor 😉 

After Christmas we travelled to my hometown!!! I was so glad to see my grandma; that woman is the realest MVP. More cousins moved in with us after New Year's Day and now my head is paining me from listening to these new kids beg me for all my gadgets, like what's with kids and this new found gadget obsession? Eyin fans mi, e ma gba mi ke! Wetin my eye no see for the hands of all these pikins, one was even tenacious, very very tenacious. He asked for the first gadget and I refused, then he proceeded to ask for the second one and I refused again, this kid legit asked me for my last gadget but I still refused him. Left to him, if he was to travel to the North Pole and walk around there in thin clothing for me to give him any of my gadgets, he would have done it😂. As the wicked human being I don't feel like being again, I would have still rejected him after he came back from Santa's house. We'll just wait and see what tomorrow brings; let me go and prepare my bag of rejection to be double sure.

Then back to my 2022 narrative.

2022 reminded me that I had spent 2 decades on earth. Adulthood is a whole lot but then miracle no dey tire The almighty Bros. J😉💖

I celebrated my 20th birthday during 2022 and I was able do that really well. I also listened to a lot of music but one stood out because I like what it spoke about. If you want the song title you can DM on IG; abeg no be giveaway, na only one song we wan talk about. You could also check out my 2022 musical albums review reel on Instagram, don't worry it won't waste your data if you don't scroll to other videos😌😌

School took a different turn at the end of year. Make I no yap about wetin my eye see even during the holiday. Haeww Osanobua!

I definitely can't squeeze in everything that happened to me in 2022 into this post but trust me when I say it was a year worth living. It was a beautiful rollercoaster ride and it was very overwhelming. It's also safe to say I ended the year still in love but thennn who love epp in this situation, not me sha😂. There were disappointments but the best parts were abundant.

I don't really write resolutions for the new year neither do I believe in having them or maybe it's just laziness to write, wo I don't even know again. But I do believe in setting goals for the year and I definitely plan to that whilst making making me and my everything pertaining to me my priority.

Man, I clocked 20 and it dawned on me that have been living for other people but me.

- Adekunle Gold in Born Again

Except that He's 30 and not 20😊😊

 Here's to us and everything good in 2023!!! 

 Beauty doesn't just lie in the eyes of the beholder, it sprouts from the least expected places.

See you soon💖

XOXO

Adetola💖

Musical Stories😄😄

Born Again by Adekunle Gold x Fatoumata Diawara

Change by Fireboy DML

Hill I Will Die On by Alec Bemjamin

Training Wheels by Melanie Martinez

Comments

  1. Wow. I just couldn't stop reading. I'm definitely hooked😉. Amazing one and really funny. From start to finish, truly wonderful. Happy new year Adétólá

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year boss!
      We made it 🥳
      Thank you for making 2022 awesome

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh and smile! Love you sissssyyy💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I need the word count. This is loooooonnnnnggggg.

    I am thankful for the people that encouraged you to write on here. You've been a revelation, a blessing. Splendid work.💯👏🏽
    "I started off the year being in love..."
    "...ended the year still in love...There were disappointments but the best parts were abundant."

    Spoken like a true warrior. I wish I could give you a hug right now. 🥲🫂

    To everything good in 2023!!🍾🥂

    2022 was tough, that hug might be for moi...
    See you soon, our writer. ✌🏾🤝🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update:
      Words: 1409
      Paragraphs: 31 😳😲😱
      Pages: 5.6
      WELL DONE MAMA ❗❗😄👏🏽🤌🏽

      Happy Birthday to you in arrears! (Extreme arrears I suppose) I hope it's much better this year.🍾🥂🎂💯

      Delete
    2. I did my best to shrink it sef 😄. I no know say e go long like this. Since this was my new year post let me wish you a Happy New Year! I really need the hug ooo, please let it reach me fast fast. Thank you for being one of the people that encouraged me, I do appreciate you. And if you also need a hug, I dey for you.

      Delete
    3. Being in love was a little bi tough for me.😄😄. But I would love all over again in this new year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts