WHO'S A SOULMATE?

 I watched a movie on the 17th of October 2023 the movie was titled Soulmate. I had always questioned and probed in my mind when people tagged or labeled other persons their soulmate but I found my answer in that movie

It was a tale of two women, one feisty and free while the other reserved and calculated. When they say people form the strongest bonds with other people in their younger ages it sounds like an unnecessary fable and unbelievable lie but this movie supports that unbelievable lie and for some weird unexplainable reason my soul, body and heart resonates with this fable. It's at this point I will say the names of the two women in the movie Ahn Mi So and Go Ha Eun, yes it's a Korean movie not a series but a one stretched movie. Mi So as in 'smile' and Ha Eun as in 'gentle milky way'. I am in no way a fluent speaker of the language but I picked up the meanings of their names from the movie.

Their story began from a place of need, one's need to escape a sad reality while the other's need to escape a boring school class. The two women met at a time when they were both stepping into the ripe age of puberty, it was a surreal meeting as none of them expected to bond with the other so well they grew into each other; yes they did because that's what soulmates do.

The idea of tagging your lover your soulmate is obscure, don't get me wrong they could be, they can be but how many of us will be willing to die for a lover you met in your early twenties? a lover you are not sure would be your lover by the end of the week? or a lover who is just momentarily?

Your sibling, your soulmate? I doubt that. It's your favorite sibling, that's the sibling that seems to understand you the most or the sibling you can't explain your excessive affection for. You could die for a sibling or stop your life for a sibling but a sibling that detaches themselves from you becomes a stranger overnight or you might just discard my frivolous idea because your sibling can definitely be your soulmate.

I don't think I am making any sense right now but I hope I am to you and to myself. A soulmate is beyond someone you love and can die for, a soulmate is a huge fragment of you, a person you envision yourself in, a soul you can swap out with yours, a personality that can entirely be you and an individual you always run back to when it gets both good and tough.

The tears they shed automatically become a burned for you and anguish to your heart. Their smiles light up your whole world not just your heart but your whole world.

I'll draw the curtains here and hope you understand whatever message I'm passing to you because your soulmate can't just be anyone.



Another day, another dollar!
I haven't found my soulmate yet but don't judge me😪
Who's your soulmate?
I don't have all the answers but I think I have something that sounds like an answer
And that's what I've written for you in this blog post.
I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

The picture is the movie poster🤭
And here are the musical stories for this time;

In Silence by Janet Suhh 
The Night We Met by Lord Huron❤️

With all the love,
Adétọ́lá ❤️






Comments

  1. You are making sense and it's true.
    To an extent, I can say I relate and understand.
    Amazing one Adétólá. You've got me thinking again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A soulmate is a huge fragment of you...... a soul you can swap out with yours"
    Damn.💆

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts