THE DEEPSEA WRITER 2.0!

 Hola cómo estás!

Ahnyeonghaseyo!

Ẹ kú à dúró tini ooo!


It's been four long months since I last graced your screens with my words and it's safer to say that The Deepsea Writer is back as another version of herself. 

Excuse my multilingual greetings it's because I just put 'multilingual' as one of my acquired skills on my C.V. knowing fully well that my many languages I can speak are just two; Yorùbá and English, God abeg make your pikin no go cast like this😭.

What happened in the space of four months? The biggest highlight was me bagging my bachelor's degree, trust me I screamed when the travails of school were over but now I'm absolutely fed up of doing nothing at home. In those four months, I met new people, did new things and built new experiences. I would love for you to slowly and carefully read my highlights of those four months.

First off, you remember the seminar work I had which I had written about before? Yes! I finally presented my seminar. My supervisor was definitely ready to sabotage me and my group members on presentation day but my God big pass am!😌 He travelled that day, someone who was ready to tell the other lecturers that he didn't approve my work after he personally changed my topic some weeks prior, though náà I was some what guilty because I was taking too much time in submitting my work; I didn't know what to write and I took months to analyze the whole thing but thanks be the Almighty, I passed the seminar course and it was so satisfying!😊🤭.

Then the inescapable  baba of all course works in the second semester of your last year in uni; Your research project. I literally shed hot tears over this 6 units course, I had called my parents a few times to cry about the slow progress of my work when the semester was moving very fast. While doing the project, I thought of giving up on school all together, last minute drop out plans😭 because guess what? My supervisor was practically non-existent and absent, yay!!! He didn't exactly give any insight and he was always busy both him and the assistant supervisor. When the whole thing was about to burst, this man of a supervisor decided to turn the tables against us and shift all the blame on us all because we couldn't get a reagent which is sold abroad a week to the external defense; it was an unnecessarily devastating experience. Somehow, through divine intervention, the project defense day came and I conquered but this man and our assistant supervisor weren't ready to let go, they wanted to publish our research and this lead to them attributing extra tasks to us after defense😭. I beat my chest and say those promo fear God! They just dey move mad till a few days to convocation and as usual my God big pass all of them! Whatever they were looking for and aiming at I hopefully believe that they have found it elsewhere.

Let's throw the tragedies behind and reminisce on the beauties that happened. My convocation week was loud and I mean loud!😯 The pressure I felt a week prior to that week melted away like cotton candy immediately the week commenced. I felt some sort of fulfillment and satisfaction that week excluding the tedious clearance runs; everything seemed to be going smoothly that week, like cold water running down my throat😌. The week started with a visit of the graduating class to the visitor if our school and it was rounded off with the convocation ceremony which my family members attended and as social media celebrities would say ' The love was massive'. After convocation, clearance runs continued in full swing and when I was done with that, I retired to my house feeling fulfilled and accomplished.

A week after I got home, I found myself at a skill acquisition camp; emphasis on the 'camp' because all the souls who registered for the skill acquisition were expected to stay in hostels provided by the management. I definitely thought I was going there to learn photography until the camp began to look like a replay of boarding house in secondary school, mo ní 'ye! wọ́n ti pápá get mi ni shá'. We woke up as early as 4am, we were to get ready and arrive at the devotion hall latest by 7am, if you came late, you were going to be punished. The devotion usually ran from 7am to 8am after which there was a talk session between 8am and 9am and by 9am we were to report to our various skill acquisition classes till 1pm; the break time when brunch was served and by 2pm the brunch break was to be over, to your classes oh trainees😂! The second bout of classes ran from 2om to 6om at which we were gathered for another talk session which would end by 8pm, then dinner was served by 8pm. As if the travails weren't enough, we were shared into groups, more like houses and given a particular duty to perform each day and until you were done with that duty, you were not to retire to your hostel. The cherry on top was that despite the tedious schedule we were only fed twice a day; some funny movements if you ask me😂😂💔. I recall on one of the Sundays there, no breakfast as usual, a long Sunday service and when it was lunch time, I got to the dinning area and I was served 3 slices of bread, a sachet of milk and Milo with hot water; I asked my group leader if this was an expensive joke being played in us and she affirmed that it wasn't😂💔. I couldn't wrap my head around it, I was to eat 3 slices of bread at 12pm and wait till 8pm before another meal was going to come my way? Not that I eat reasonably too but it felt surreal. The 2 weeks I spent there weren't satisfying but I learnt photography a great deal and even took nice images. I'm glad it's all over now.

Now I sit at home awaiting the government to call me to render my service to my fatherland, that one year of receiving ₦33,000 for my labour, it is well. I definitely hope I would enjoy the next one year wherever I'm posted to😊.

And that's my cue.

Bye for now🥰

Love always

Adétọ́lá❤️

Hello everyone!

Thank you for reading as always

I sincerely hope I was able to capture my experiences these last few months in this write up for you.

As usual, we wouldn't stop at this

More fiction from The Deepsea Writer's desk

See you soon and Viva la Vida 💕.

Musical Stories for this read:

JT by Jon Bellion

Viva La Vida by Coldplay

To My Own by Adekunle Gold

Falling Up by Adekunle Gold× Pharrell Williams × Nile Rodgers.


Big love❤️

It's a movie title 🌝😂

Comments

  1. I guess Congratulations is in order. Well-done!
    Fascinating four months Adétólá. A big congratulation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts