THE DARKNESS INSIDE

Where romance meets horror
Is it still love? 

Welcome to our freak show
Come meet my monsters
Oh such a such collection of stranger things. 

"Hello! Is this seat taken?" I looked up from where I sat and the most beautiful smile greeted me. "No it's not" I haven't been this taken aback since I was a little boy. The lady that sat beside me was the replica of an angel and I desperately wanted her to be mine.

Life is beautiful and we all agree but the beauty is embedded in the fact that we can all love each other in a very intricate way. That day was the first time I had seen Maria; she was the perfect ray of sunshine in my gloomy life. I wasn't the kind of person that loved having the company of people but seeing her made me change my mind the only twist being i just wanted to be in her space always, just her no other person asides her.

Obsession isn't far fetched once you begin to love someone a little too much.

I reached her doorstep just in time to drop the note like I had done these past few days. I walked to the opposite end of her apartment hallway and waited for her to show up. Life becomes easier once you have an idea of how the people you love move and at what time they arrive at a particular place. The world labelled it as stalking but I call it an investment; doing the best for your object of affection. She arrived at her door just in time too! A match made in heaven. She picked up the note and her facial expression changed; it became extremely sour, my insides boiled and my sour expression matched hers.

She looked around possibly looking for who dropped the note but I slipped away before she could sight me. It was the start of hardcore obsession.


She stepped out of her house in a yellow dress and was shining a little too much. she was to men as nectar was to bees; I couldn't stand the thought of other men around her, it made my skin crawl. 'You shouldn't wear yellow. It contrasts your fair skin' I sent her a text not because yellow made her ugly but because she was too beautiful in it and I wanted to be the only one to see her in yellow. She pulled her phone out of her bag, looked at the screen and searched around with the same sour and scared expression on her face. "I should send her an assurance text so she would stop looking around" I thought to myself. 'You wouldn't find me by just looking around. I'm just a harmless admirer'. Satisfied with my response, I studied her expression again but this time around she began to cry. My mind was in a disarray, I couldn't place a finger on what might have made her cry but I wanted to comfort her. 'Don't cry. It's bad for your skin' I waited again for her reaction but she hesitated to read my text; hesitation killed a lot of great men. 'Don't hesitate to read  my texts. Hesitation could be very dangerous'. She ran away.


I stopped texting her after the incident of that day but I still wanted to be around her so I lurked around her workplace till she was done. She stepped out of the diner after saying her goodbye to her boss; Mrs. Jones. Mrs. Jones was a sweet hearted woman. "Mark, ye seem to have taken a liking to Maria because yer eyes are always on the lass whenever ye come' ere" she had noticed my constant visits to the diner just to see Maria's face and beautiful smile. "It seems so Mrs. Jones. I just love looking at her from afar" I had replied her that day. "Staying afar off could hurt you" she lost her Irish accent in a twinkle of an eye.

I started following Maria as she stepped out of the diner; her headphones sat pretty on her ears and she looked so pretty. She looked so carefree as she bopped up and down the road before slipping into the alley that led to her apartment. A few minutes later, she started running towards her apartment and I was baffled. I tried to be discreet but she saw me. 


"Could love actually be a crime?" I thought to myself a week later as i stared at her from across the street talking to a police officer. I was able to make out the word 'Stalking' from their conversation. A few minutes later, she banged her hand on the table and walked out of the police station. Some feisty attitude that I definitely love. 'I see you went to the police, dangerous idea if I must say' she wasn't going to label me a stalker like the rest of the world  was she? I thought she was different but she was just like them and I wanted her to know that loving her wasn't detrimental to her. She stood shell shocked for the first few minutes after I sent my message. 'Like I said, hesitation could be very dangerous' I texted her again to pull her out of her trance and immediately my phone vibrated in my hand. 'Who are you?' her messaged made me so light headed; an ecstatic feeling. 'Someone that loves you to death' my feelings conveyed in six words.

Is it a crime to love without boundaries?

Love is the air we breathe.

I hope to make her see reasons why my method of loving her is the best but for this present moment, let me keep seeing her smile from afar or...






Hi lovelies,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to upload the second part of THE DARKNESS BETWEEN, a whole lot has being happening and I'm glad to bring you THE DARKNESS INSIDE after so many weeks.

I hope to be consistent because I'm back in school and guess what??? It's my final year in uni!!!

I'm so happy and I promise to keep serving you hot fiction from the Deepsea Writer's table.

Have a good read

Love,

Adétólá ❤ 

  

 

  



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And after such a Long time away. Adétólá has done it again. Truly amazing.
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much.
    I'm sorry for making you wait😩😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. One would think after trying the same method with the "others", change should be imminent...🧐😑

    Loving is showing restraint. I don't really know how to explain it.... it just makes sense to me...love is strange man🤷🏽‍♂️🧑🏾‍🦯

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is very strange but it's the strangeness of it that makes us who we are. When I wrote this, I tried to resonate with the stalker who would go to any lengths to see the woman he loves everytime. It's not a win- win but its a twisted win. I'm glad to see your comment❤️.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts