WAIT!

Willow's song would be a perfect opening line to this love story. 
"Whoa! Wait a minute! I think I left my consciousness in the sixth dimension." Or so I had told myself when his message popped up after four months of going MIA.
"Hey" the basic greeting was stared right back at me. Hesitantly, I opened the chat; 'what does he have to say now?' I had told myself weeks prior that if he ever sends me a message I was going to outrightly ignore him but at that moment seeing his message made me lose all reasoning; my hate thoughts jumped out the window faster than I could blink.

"What do you want?" My reply sounded hateful than intended. "Tola, I am sorry" came the reply. "For what?" My hard guy wasn't having any of it, not yet anyways. "It's been a rough couple of months and I shouldn't have left you hanging. I have no excuses, none whatsoever..." His apology message was more than I could phantom. I read the message but couldn't find the excuse he was giving  because there wasn't any. Crying was an option second to none and I had practiced a time or two before then. "Can I call you?" Another message came in and before I knew it I was listening to his voice on the phone. 

A week later, I was typing away on my phone and smiling at random messages from him until it hit me that there were times I received no replies from this particular individual, the loathe was slowly working it's way up already. It seemed like years ago when he had confessed his love for me; "Motola, I really do love you and I can't explain how much" his big doe eyes lit up as he held my hands in his. I wasn't thinking about that just now or was I? My mind was already screaming 'Boluwatife, you are a liar!' 

"Bolu, its not working the way we want it to" I said during one of our numerous dates. We've had too many fall outs in the past years and I wasn't having any of it, not anymore! "What?" He asked obviously amazed at my sudden remark. "This" I said motioning between us with my finger. "Us, everything.  It's not just working anymore. We are like a switch which has two sides to it, even electricity in Nigeria has nothing on us. On and off, Bolu! On and off!" My voice went a tone higher. I was disappointed in myself for even trying the hundredth time or so it seemed. "So you want out?" He asked calmly without meeting my eyes. "Yes I do. Let's not force things anymore" uncertainty was evident in my voice but who cares, right? "Tola, I understand you but I'm sure I don't want this. Could you please give me one more chance?" His eyes begged me but my mind was made up already. 

The crying didn't stop a month after the break up. Everyone around me was getting drained of their energy. Other men didn't appeal to me anymore, my mom even claimed to have heard me muttering his name in my sleep. I was beyond miserable. 
"Go back to him" Adejola said one day. "Do you think he'll take me back?" I asked her unsure of what the future held. "I think he would; he really loves you" she replied holding my hand. I couldn't give up on him, not yet. I still loved him and I didn't figure out the fact that he was irreplaceable until we broke up.  

"Hey" my message already had the double blue tick before I could second guess my options. This was two months after the break up. "Hey" his reply came immediately.  "I really miss you, Tola" the second reply came in quickly like the first. "I'm sorry" the tears flowed on their own at this point. "It's okay. I thought I had lost you forever" he replied. "Let's get past this toxic phase together and move on" I was shocked at my own words. "Yes, let's do that" his reply was so enthusiastic. "What do you say? Omotola, will you be the woman that holds my heart now and always?" My 'yes' marked the beginning of our journey to forever, together. 

A rough road, tough decisions and heart breaking times. We over came those bumps with love; a magnetic push and pull that always brought us together. 



God when I go find my own 'Boluwatife'.
Musical story for today 
Apollo by Show Dem Camp × Tay Iwar
Gràcias! It's an old story but with refurbishments.😘

Comments

  1. Love is truly confusing.
    The people who hurt you the most are the ones you truly love.
    Amazing read.
    You ever thought of writing a book Adétólá?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you totally.
      I've thought about that one million and one times but I kind of have problems with my attention span.
      Thank you for reading ❤️

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry but I just want to ask how you happen to be the first person to comment in my posts? I hope I'm not being too forward

      Delete
    3. Alright I am going to come clean.
      You usually upload it on your statues. That where I usually see it.
      So yes you do know me already Adétólá.
      You have such a wonderful talent, never knew.

      Delete
    4. Interesting 😂😂.
      You could be someone I talked to yesterday. It's nice to know that i know you, not exactly tho.

      Delete
  2. God when will i find my 'Omótólá'
    God when 😭
    In all seriousness, the hurt always comes up 💔
    Some come out stronger, some come out even more broken.
    One can only hope. As always, great writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry you'll find her sooner than you think.
      Thank you for reading ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts