BLACK AND WHITE AGAIN; could time really heal?

They say time wasn't in our favour.

You've definitely come across the saying 'Time heals all' but does it really?

What happens during the time you deliberately set aside for healing? Another mishap or complete healing?
What if you don't want to want to heal? Then time doesn't heal you, You heal You.

It's funny how a memory turns into a bad dream

The healing process depends on how hurt you are or how deep your scars run. 
Let's take bodily injuries into consideration. You scratch your arm against a rough surface and your younger sibling fell from the top of the stairs breaking their leg; who heals faster? You right? But what if I say the memory you have of that injury makes it easier or more difficult to heal. I can't exactly say how I came to that conclusion but I have come to that conclusion and you can't beat me because of that.🙂

So, I got burnt with hot water some two years back during the lockdown. It wasn't that bad, my skin didn't peel but the burnt skin blackened. I thought it was definitely going to stay black for the rest of my life and I was quite disappointed but after awhile the black patch of skin reverted to its original complexion even though the scar is still visible to me; I can still see the black patch of skin.
"How hot water enter the matter sef?" A random question I would answer vividly but just know it's Overdo and amebo that led to the situation. 
My daddy had put water on fire in a stainless bowl; the steady water boiler. He specifically told one of my elder brothers to bring the water upstairs when it reached a 100°c but this my guy don enter him room and I was sweeping downstairs. My room wasn't far from my dad's room so I volunteered to help him get the water upstairs, if only I knew the misfortune that was about to befall me; I for don leave matter for Matthias make my brother do wetin dem send am. My first step on the staircase, I slipped and the hot, scorching water poured on my left arm, my right thigh hit the sharp edge of the stairs and till today there's some sort of dent in the thigh muscle.🥲
To crown the situation,  I had an online test of 45 questions in one of my chemistry courses; chee!!!

The visible injuries have healed but they left scars. My mind still has a clear picture of the incident because of the situations surrounding it.
I decided not to forget what made me have those scars. I haven't really healed or have I?

We all hold on to the most beautiful and most painful memories. 
We can't forget that heartbreak for those people wey don chop breakfast before 🤧
Because the prior memories are either too beautiful or too ugly.

Letting go of some of our memories might be or not be the first step to the healing we so much crave for but don't have time for because the memories are easily tied to the pain.

"Do you remember the time you hit your head against the metal door in the living room?" Zee asked her twin sister.  "Yes I do, it was the day the court approved mom and dad's divorce" Dee replied in a quiet voice. "Yeah, it was. You hit your head because of the divorce" Zee came to an obvious conclusion.

The head injury left as scar but the divorce left a memory of the head injury. 
My point is our memories make healing either hard or easy for us and time is insignificant in the healing process. Healing is achieved after letting go of the painful past and the hurtful memories but do we also let go of the beautiful memories alongside?  I guess I can't say about that but they are also important in the healing process too. 

Everything comes down to you; you want healing,  you want to get over that hurtful period of your life and you're the only one that can make it happen. 
You are responsible for your own happiness and your own sadness. You're responsible for the things that hurt you and how they hurt you. You're the mastermind behind your healing process, time is just a needed factor; its not the main factor.

Maybe I'm writing this for myself too but the important factor is; Your emotional healing is your priority, it's supposed to happen over time. You put in the work and take steps to your healing not leaving time to do all the work because Time maybe too much or it maybe too little. 

'Some people fall in love with the wrong people sometimes'
That's totally unrelated but not everything that happens to you is your fault so you owe yourself a blameless healing. 

XOXO 
ADÉTÓLÁ ❤ 

P.S. You might decide to listen or not but here's a sneak peak into musical stories I listen to;
Human by Jon Bellion. 

Comments

  1. Wow. So true.
    It's amazing how far we can go through the power of the mind.
    Thank you Adétólá, I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.
      I wish you the best on your healing journey ❤️

      Delete
  2. Adétólá,
    I find this write up very appealing😶
    I like the part you said the memory of your injury affects the healing process.😓

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike most people, I just dismiss any hurt and say it is what it is. I never expose myself to risk of harm because it sucks. I think I am aware of how it influences my ability to love.
    Isn't the world crazy?

    As usual, insightful piece. You write so good, man. Kudos.💯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. "I'm just so sick of being
      Human"

      Delete
    3. Thank you as always.
      The world's quite crazy and I do agree with your idea. I guess it boils down to how emotional one can get also. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts