JIGGY WITH AFROBEATS.

Òkè àgbà ni mo gùn yí 
Ẹ má jẹ n jábó
Ẹ̀yin àgbà yí
Mo bẹ yìn, mi o ṣako 

The flex when I was in my mid teens was not listening to Nigerian songs but now I look back, I shake my head at my younger self; "Adétólá chai! you don foolish before sha" I'm not saying that my foolishness days are over but make we no yarn that matter today🙂.

The world's sensation is Afrobeats now, most especially Nigerian sounds. Some musicians are making mad sounds these days and I can't bear to miss out on anyone of these beauties!!!
I have my favourites definitely abi you no get favourite? Even your mama get favourite pikin and e sure me die say no be you, no vex abeg na small play I dey follow you play🥲
My favourite could be the one person you cannot be caught dead listening to but that doesn't make Afrobeats less of what it is besides òtòtò sha la waye😉

Funny how the genre is extremely diverse and not stuck in one place.
BTW, I think the real owners of Afrobeats are the Show Dem Camp guys; those men have a blend of beauties every damn time.
You're now rocking with the SDC😍🤫

Afrobeats are therapeutic; listening to the beautiful beats produced by P. Prime is enough to calm my nerves. That baby has to be my favourite music producer in Nigeria!!! He does it soooo well.

Enough of my favourites before somebody shouts at me for dissing her favourite artist which I wouldn't want to mention because she can come and behead me; Jessica this is for you😜.

But there is something I want to beg Nigerian artistes for; Please you people, God will not pour yanrìn inside your gaari because that's what some of you are doing to my gaari. I beg you people, be singing audible words not something that Musixmatch cannot decipher because I'm tired of chewing mouth and making my ancestors roll in their graves. I don't want them to be shouting "Adétólá!!!" in the òdì kejì of the living world because kò ní funny if they do à pé pa for somebody. Taink you and God bless you.

I've run out of what to write at this point but let's be staring at each other as we jam to our lovely Afrobeats. 
Wait sef, I have singers I want to drag but first;
Disclaimer: if your favourite singer is part of the people I dragged just know say all na cruise, last last na everybody go chop breakfast and I am sorry. But then you can't come and kill me in my house🤪😝.
First off; let's appreciate Mr money for our opening lines and his banging new album that is just the right fusion of beats🤩. L'eko!🙃

I'm sorry oooo but how do people become Marlians? Is it low key swear? Or noise is just appealing?Like I said I'm just knocking on random doors.😇

Wiz; I zip my lips for the legendary Daddy Bolu. He's like NEPA; sometimes giving and sometimes dozing.

All my friends in 30BG, why am I yet to receive my share of the 30 billion OBO shared for you people or you want JAMB office snake to swallow it? I still wonder how y'all do it especially Jessica 😉.

Then there's the man I hardly listen to because his social attitude is somewhat contrasting to mine. His song definitely did a number on my relationship; served as a perfect closing line because na to say bye bye o, bye bye o to the love of my life🤣🤣. But his songs are definitely giving anytime of the year😁.

Hmmmm... the woman that I won't do 'women supporting women' for because she only drops when it's a collab. Anty Teewah! Let's not even go there.

Asalamalaykum ooo.
Alfa ni a duro ni bi ti a de yii.
E ku ifarada😁.

I'm sorry it's not plenty; my writer's block is giving serial killer vibes.
See ya soon!


A lil glossary for non yoruba readers
- The opening lines are from Asake's new song; Dull, it's basically a prayer asking for strength and guidance 
- Òtòtò sha la waye: we came to earth differently 
- yanrìn: quick sand
- òdì kejì: other side
- Kò ní: it wouldn't be
- à pé pa: called to death like they used to do in Yorùbá feem😁
- L'eko: Asake's punchline meaning in Lagos
- My closing lines in Yorùbá: 
Peace be unto you.                                           
Alfa said we should stop were we have reach. 
Thanks for your patience. 😘                                          

Comments

  1. Pretty little thing😃.
    Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly confusing.
    But still Worth the read.
    Amazing as always Adétólá.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I was as confused as you were when I was writing.😔

      Delete
  3. Amazing write up Adétólá😊
    I feel i have a connection with JESSICA😁
    30bg always😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice.
      Please make sure you send my share of the 30 billion😉

      Delete
  4. Burna all the way!!
    Very interesting and cheerful work as usual. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts